Sunday, August 11, 2013

Avoidance Hill (Mountain?)

Hi Gang,

Here I am awake again at 4:00 a.m., and it hasn't occurred to me until this very moment that I could be working on the novel! What's up with that? I was going to change my cover picture on Facebook, but the darn thing wouldn't load. I checked my email on my iPad and deleted a whole bunch of old ones I'd already seen. Avoidance seems to be my hill to climb. Here's the best one of all: "When I get home from vacation I'll buckle down and write." Of course, a couple of weeks after I get home I leave for Indiana, and my 50th high school reunion. Yiikes!

On the positive side of things, I'm determined to finish Novel #3 this year.  Since I've put an e-book on Amazon in 2011 and 2012, it follows that 2013 should be the year I post another one. I know I can do better than one book a year if I just learn to climb "avoidance hill."

I'm also thinking of producing some hard copies of Arrowstar and Honor Bound on Amazon's create space just to make the writing seem more real. At least I could have a set of my books on my own bookshelf to remind me of what I've already accomplished. What devices do you employ to remember your triumphs? As women a lot of us have been taught to downplay our successes. Isn't it about time we stopped doing that?

I've got to stop blogging now because if I'm going to write Stormy, The Storm Women, and A Train Robber's Tale I'd best get with it right NOW . . . not when I get home from vacation, not after the high school reunion, not someday when I'm in the mood, but RIGHT NOW!

I'll let you know how many words I get on paper today. The best way to climb "avoidance hill" might just be ACCOUNTABILITY. What do you think? Just what has Star been up to while I've been on vacation?

Just another struggling artist from me to you, Cheryl

No comments: